1. What color is your toothbrush?
Blue and white, though it's days are numbered if the new batteries can't make it work.
2. Name one person who made you smile today:
I am blessed that I had several. My son makes me smile all the time. So does my husband and my sister, who called me tonight. I enjoy saying hello to Javier's teachers and his wee classmates, too.
3. What were you doing at 8 am this morning:
Either making my son's lunch or being mesmerized by Make Way for Noddy.
4. What were you doing 45 minutes ago?
Watching Primeval and musing about how happy the Becker/Connor slashers will be this week. (Becker was his army, man!)
5. What is your favorite candy bar?
I tend to prefer the small wrapped chocolates you can get in bags in stores down here, but just about any solid milk chocolate makes me very happy. Also Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.
6. Have you ever been to a strip club?
Nope. I saw a topless show at Vegas once, though. It was hilarious.
7. What is the last thing you said aloud?
I expressed my excitement to my husband that The Listener, which is a CANADIAN SCI-FI SHOW, has made it as a Summer replacement on NBC. I really wanted to watch it so this is way cool.
8. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
Something with chocolate and fudge in it, and probably peanut butter.
9. What was the last thing you had to drink?
The herbal tea my husband made for us.
10. Do you like your wallet?
Actually, yeah. Though it's really a chequebook that I don't use for cheques. But it's a great size to hold my money and credit cards, and it has a little plastic window for my driver's license.
11. What was the last thing you ate?
The last piece of 'ebony and ivory' cake for dessert.
12. Have you bought any new clothing items this week?
Tampons don't count, do they?
13. The last sporting event you watched?
the epic to-the-death battle between the Mafia and the Yakuza at the end of last week's Deadliest Warrior. Because it's only fun and games until someone gets an ice pick in the throat. Then it's a sport.
14. What is your favorite flavor of popcorn?
Butter and salt.
15. Who is the last person you sent a text message to?
I don't text, baby.
17. Do you take vitamins daily?
Yes. An ungodly amount of vitamins. I need to take more before I go to bed.
18. Do you go to church every Sunday?
Christ, no! Bwa.
19. Do you have a tan?
My feet tan. I think it's the only part of my body that does.
20. Do you prefer Chinese food over pizza?
Not normally since we have to drive all the way to Houston for decent Chinese food. But I'll take Toronto Dim Sum over pizza any day.
21. Do you drink your soda with a straw?
First of all, it's pop, not soda. And the extremely rare times I drink it in restaurants where they offer straws, yes I drink it with a straw. The extremely rare times I drink it out of bottles or glasses at home, I don't. Pop is pretty much pouring poison down your throat anyway, so I try to avoid it.
22. What did your last text message say?
It was some kind of advertisement from AT&T.
23. What are you doing tomorrow?
Seeing my counselor and writing.
24. What sounds are you listening to now?
The sea-like sounds of the air conditioning, the surprisingly loud hum of the refrigerator and the distant passing of cars on the highway.
25. Look to your left, what do you see?
Pictures of me and Dom and my family, our groovy flat-screen TV and the very unorganized DVD cabinet that was built into the wall when we bought the house, which limits the size of the television.
26. What color is your watch?
Silver with fake diamonds around the face. I love it.
27. What do you think of when you hear Australia?
The song 'This is Australia', though I can't remember which Aussie band sings it. Also such typical things as Crocodile Dundee, Didgeridoos, Hugh Jackman and Koalas.
28. What is your birthstone?
Opal, I think. Maybe pearl.
29 Do you go in at a fast food place or just hit the drive thru?
Mostly the drive-through, and then we eat it at home. Sometimes Jav and I will walk to the local McDonalds for breakfast, which for him is almost as good as a birthday.
30. What is your favorite number?
Seven, though not enough to use it for bets or anything.
31. Who's the last person you talked to on the phone?
My most groovy sister.
32. Any plans today?
I had a few, got some of 'em done. :)
33. How many states have you lived in?
One. May it be the last before I get to go back to Canada.
34. Biggest annoyance(s) right now?
My period, the frequency with which one of our cats misses the litter box, my almost complete inability to properly organize my time.
35. Last song listened to?
'Summer of 69' by Bryan Adams (go, Canada!) on the only radio station we can stand. For some odd reason it's the ONLY SONG they play by him, even though 'Run to You' is better, IMHO.
36. Can you say the alphabet backwards?
Probably. Do I want to? No.
37. Do you have a maid service clean your house?
We do have a housekeeper who is a lovely woman who comes in twice a month. And I worship the ground she vacuums so I don't have to.
38. Favorite pair of shoes you like to wear all the time?
My black flats. And I literally wear them every single time I leave the house. Every time.
39. Are you jealous of anyone?
Yes, but only in the sense that I'd like to have what they have, not that I'd like them not to have it. And that pretty much includes everyone I perceive as more successful than myself, especially published authors.
40. Is anyone jealous of you?
I don't know. Possibly.
41. Do you love anyone?
I suppose it's possible to live and not love anyone, but I'd hate to be that person. I love my family, my husband and most of all our son. I also love my friends but in a different way.
42. Do any of your friends have children?
Yep. Javier's first playmate, as a matter of fact.
43. What do you usually do during the day?
Write, hang out on the internet, play with/take care of my kid, tidy, do laundry, make dinner.
44. Do you hate anyone that you know right now?
No one I know. There are values that other people have that I hate but I don't hate any people.
45. Do you use the word 'hello' daily?
46. What color is your car?
We have two: one blue, one gold. We got blue for the second car because that's the colour our son wanted. Though he likes the gold car better. Fickle child.
47. Do you like cats?
Yep. Got four of 'em.
48. Are you thinking about someone right now?
Yeah. :) My little boy, who's fast asleep in his room down the hall.
49. Have you ever been to Six Flags?
Nope. But I've been to Universal Studios Florida and Disney Land, and Canada's Wonderland in Ontario.
50. How did you get your worst scar?
I actually have a more visible scar on my finger that I can't remember getting, but the one scar I had to get stitches for is on the side of my right hand. I was trying to lever the lid of a tin of Chef Boyardee open with a fork. The fork slipped and my hand slid right down onto the edge of the lid. It didn't hurt all that much, but whoo! The blood. Freaked our nanny the heck out, let me tell you.